Thursday, September 3, 2009

Shopping Woes

There are officially no good places to shop around my house. The closest place to buy clothes is Kmart, which I think they've said is the smallest Kmart in the country or something, so the selection isn't even that good. Then the closest mall is going through some big changes and two of the department stores are closed right now, including the one that I bought nearly all of my clothes at before. The new store taking its place won't be open until after I leave. GRRRR. All the other places are either too expensive, or I don't like the clothes, or I already have everything I like from the store. The only other way to find clothes would be to go over the hill, but to do that you need to plan, like, a whole day.

This is really new for me. I have never disliked shopping as much as I do now. I think it's all because my favorite store closed. It was perfect for me. It always had things I liked, and they were affordable, and everything was sorted out nicely (juniors section over here, pajamas over there, workout clothes in this spot, lingerie in that spot, etc.). Now I just feel lost and discouraged. And I don't think it helps that I'm in pretty much the worst shape I've ever been in, so when I try on clothes, they don't look right or feel right, and the numbers go up way too high. Bleh.

All I really want is a pajama top that isn't sheer and full of holes and a couple of sports bras. Is that too much to ask?

Days Until I Leave: 16
Books I've Read This Summer: 17

No comments:

Post a Comment