Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Last day of what will REALLY feel like summer.

Tomorrow is my sister's first day of high school. It's also the first day of school for every school I have ever been to, and I'm not going to school tomorrow, because school for me doesn't start for almost another month. She's enjoying her last day of freedom by spending it with horses, something she loves more than breathing. I am spending the day enjoying that it's not my last day of freedom before school starts.

I did get something in the mail vaguely implying that I would get my first assignment on September 4th or something, but I'm not actually sure if that's what it meant. It was for this back-up service my school endorses, and they mentioned something about ordering before then so you could have the service when you got your first assignment. I don't know. The whole thing was rather disappointing, really; I got this really thick envelope from the housing department today, and my mom thought it might be talking about which dorm I'm in and my roommate, but no. It was just stupid information I didn't need or already knew (they sent me an order form from a linens company that I already ordered my linens from! Talk about a waste of paper!).

It's gonna be weird tomorrow, not going to school when my sister is going. This will be the first time ever that she's going to school and I'm not, but I'm not sick. Although, some day (or maybe a few days) before I go off to college, I'm going to visit my old teachers, especially my drama and chorus teachers. And my best friend and I have already decided that we want to arrange a day when we go to school with our sisters (who are conveniently the same age) so we can wreak havoc. It'll be fun ^^

Also, I just wanted to acknowledge that today is August 25th, and I have 25 days left before I move to Irvine. I just thought that was a cool coincidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment