Sunday, August 23, 2009

CRAP

I just realized that my audition is in exactly a month, and so far all I've done for it is say I need to read the plays and watch or listen to the soundtrack of the musical. I haven't thought of which monologues I want to use, what song fragment, or even what to wear. And my voice is so not up for anything big and important right now. And I've been overindulging the past couple of days, so I definitely don't feel like I'm in very good shape right now. I have a vague idea of what I want to wear, but the problem is that I don't currently own it. AAAAAAAAAAAUGH!!!

Okay, panic mode over, now time to plan the problem solving:

1) We're planning to go shopping tomorrow. I can get what I need then, and even go by the bookstore to pick up copies of the plays. I can order the soundtrack to Threepenny Opera online, and whatever books I don't find.

2) Cut back on the indulgence. It's time again for the "purge" part of the cycle again, so start it. Also, you're* getting up earlier again, so use that time to exercise, like you used to. If you don't feel like DDR, go on a walk or something. Especially when school starts for Allie, walk with her sometimes (like on days you want to visit).

3) Read some of the plays in the big drama textbook you stole last year (before you return it of course). Find a monologue/monologue fragment in there. Check out the soundtrack to Cabaret and try and find recordings of The Kurt Weill Songbook to find a song, if there aren't any you like from Opera.

4) Drink tea. It's relaxing and therefore helps. Especially drink it while singing along to Christina Aguilera and Evanescence, that'll help with the voice thing.

5) That oughta do it. Just relax, move, and be a success. Alright.

Good, I feel a little better now.

*At this point I start referring to myself in the second person. I noticed it, but didn't change anything because I felt like it looked better that way anyway, like I was giving myself orders. Which I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment