Monday, August 10, 2009

A matter of shape and size

Just filmed a video. First time in weeks. Third video that really shows my hair since I cut it, and I'm talking about how my bangs are too long. If that's not a measure of my (YouTube) inactivity, I don't know what is.

*Begin impending rant-of-the-day*

I'm still going through the delusions of waking up early and having time/wanting to work out in the morning. I know in the back of my mind it's not going to happen, but I still want it to. I'm so out of shape it's depressing. It's even worse when my mom makes a comment like "when was the last time you exercised?" or if we're shopping, "Be sure to get what fits and not judge it by the number." I hate it when she assumes I have body image problems. I mean, I sort of do, but I don't want her to know that. Because then she says things like she feels she's failed as a parent, which by all means she hasn't. I've just chosen to ignore certain facts like "chocolate chips have lots of calories" and "exercising often is good for you." Well, okay, the last bit I don't ignore, I just don't really have time for it at the moment. But once I start school I'll have free membership to the very nice school gym, and not much time when I'm in class. Seriously, all I need are some friends who'll motivate me to go (or *gasp!* self motivation!) and I'll go. And maybe some cooler looking workout clothes...

Just to clarify, I'm not fat. In fact, as far as size goes, I'm smaller than average for America (I wear about a size 5 jeans, give or take depending on the cut and company). By out of shape, I mean I probably can't run a mile in under ten minutes (my all-time record was 8 min, 14 sec, in 7th grade. It's been going downhill since I started high school, and I haven't even run a timed mile since 10th grade PE). My doctor told me it might do me some good to lose a few pounds, and I have to agree. Maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to join the Nerdfighter Fitness challenge...

No comments:

Post a Comment