Wednesday, June 17, 2009

A Little Catching Up

I did come home at a decent time yesterday, but after showering, spending time with my mom, and getting sucked into [adult swim] until after midnight, I didn't have time to write an entry. In short, the trip was fun, and I am just now starting to feel like it's truly summer vacation.

I don't know why I promised "more details" of my graduation. There are really no more details to tell. It happened pretty normally. I wore the silly-looking cap and gown. I got to walk with my best friend who I've known since kindergarten. My English teacher from sophomore and senior year read my name. They handed me a fake diploma* and I got my picture taken about 50 million times. Nothing unusual or really worth talking about.

In other news, I've now gone way too long without cutting my nails. I was debating earlier about whether or not I should get rid of them because they do look really nice, save the chipping nail polish, but now that I'm trying to type, and it's proving rather impossible, I think they need to go. And I decided to actually type that because I know that everyone is oh-so interested in the state of my fingernails.

Now that it's summer, I'm hoping to have more time to do things. Nothing in particular, just all the things I've been wanting to do but didn't have time for during school. Like making more scripted videos on YouTube, playing endless hours of computer games, achieving internet fame, stuff like that. I think I'll go outside now, it's a lovely day and so far I've spent it entirely inside.

*They hand everyone fake diplomas at the actual ceremony because a) we're all in an arbitrary order and the teachers only know whose name to call because we hand them cards with our names on them, and b) they want to make sure we don't have any outstanding fines or books or anything, so they make us come to the school the next week to pick up our actual diplomas, and a big ceremony isn't interrupted if they can't give it to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment