Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Almost Over

It is currently fifteen minutes after midnight on the day that I graduate. Even though I have a big day ahead of me tomorrow, I can't sleep. I'm just not tired. That happens to me a lot, especially when I get into the habit of staying up late, which I have been. I also tend to get distracted by things like the internet.

Today (yesterday) we had our first grad practice which was completely disorganized, but what can you really expect from people? The most organized thing about it was "meet us on the football field at 11 AM." After that, total chaos. The good news is, I get to walk to the bleachers with my best friend with whom I've been attending school since kindergarten. It makes me feel like things have come full circle. Ironically (?), she has a brother who is just finishing kindergarten on the same day we finish high school. I remember when she told me in fifth grade that her mom was pregnant, and thinking then that her new sibling wouldn't start school until we were almost finished with it. And now it's happening. Oh how time flies.

I also got a manicure/pedicure for graduation. I'd forgotten how lovely it is to be pampered. Now I have rhinestones on my toes. They make me feel extra pretty.

Tomorrow- well, actually, later today- is a final grad practice before the actual ceremony. I hope it's less disorganized now that we all supposedly know the order we are supposed to walk in. I hope too many people didn't forget.

This time tomorrow, my blog title will be officially true, and I will be on a boat.

No comments:

Post a Comment