Friday, October 2, 2009

Summer Brain Rot

I am so not used to this whole 'formal writing' thing anymore! Now that school has started again, I need to start answering questions and write somewhat-coherent an thoughtful drama journals, but it seems like I've completely lost all ability to do that over the summer. I can write about myself and what's going on in my life for days, but once it actually needs to be read by someone for a purpose, I fall apart. Not to mention that I'm out of my comfort zone and I rarely have any time completely alone anymore. And I need to cut my nails, they're making it hard to type...

Other than the needing to write things thing, college life has been fun. I've been socializing and making friends. I think I may have mentioned that in all my other posts since I've gotten here, but whatever. Yesterday my whole hall watched Singing in the Rain out in the common room. And speaking of common rooms, I joined the Harry Potter club on Wednesday. I'm a Ravenclaw.

I still haven't had a chance to work out since I got here, so I have no idea what's going on in the way of weight and health. Although, I've noticed I don't really snack as much here, mostly because I haven't paid for any of the food and I feel weird taking it. Except for the granola bars; I picked those out and if my roommate's mom hadn't just up and bought everything, I would have paid for them myself. And I've been getting more and more bold about making myself a sandwich or something from our "pantry" if I'm hungry and don't feel like going to the commons to eat. I think tomorrow I'm going to try to go for a run around the park or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment