Sunday, October 18, 2009

Some Adjustment

I actually managed to finish all of my homework that is due tomorrow before the sun set, which is a feat that I don't think I've accomplished since middle school, assuming I had homework due the next day. Even now I'm in such disbelief that I need to check the calender again to make sure.

And it seems that I've completed one assignment for Wednesday by beginning another for Wednesday. Life is awesome right now!

Oh wait, there is some reading for tomorrow, but it's only 20 pages, and I can skim. I have a few hours between classes where I can finish that, so it's no big deal. Woo hoo!

After forgetting about one assignment in one class, I've realized that missing assignments is not the end of the world. That one assignment was worth pretty much a maximum of 5% of my grade, and it occurred to me that I no longer need to aim for straight A's. At this point, no one cares what my exact GPA is, as long as I'm passing. I already have the accomplishment of straight A's throughout Middle and High School, and at this point I'm not trying to get into a good college anymore because I'm already attending a great one. I really just need to pass and I'll be fine. That way of thinking helps me feel a lot less stressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment