Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I Can Haz Cheezburger?

The first two quarters at school this year, I had a lot of cheeseburgers in the dining commons, because a) often that was the only thing they had available that I knew I would like and b) I felt like a lolcat when I ordered it ("Can I have a cheeseburger?"). This one guy who often works the grill remembers every single time he sees me that I always order a cheeseburger, and even when I'm not in line to actually get something from the grill, if he sees me he always says "Cheeseburger?" and I reply "No, not today."

This quarter I've been trying to significantly cut back because a) I've been trying to eat less beef because cows are bad for the environment and b) the Freshman 15 has wreaked havoc on me and I'm trying to eat healthier, and cheeseburgers are not known or their health. But today I walked into commons and there was literally nothing good except the grill. Everyone in the huge line I stood in to get to the grill agreed with me. Well, that guy was working the grill and he asked me "Cheeseburger?" and I said "Yes, please" and he made one and when he put it on a plate for me, I heard him say quietly "Here you go, mija" and I just thought that was so sweet I needed to comment on it to someone.

Days until I visit home: 2
Cheeseburgers eaten this month: 2

3 comments:

  1. Haha, are you now going to keep track of your cheeseburger input? This is interesting

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWW mija! that's so sweet!!!
    That's like when I was in Stockton and the burrito lady was like "So how long have you two been together?" And we were like "... a while" and she was like, "Oh I've never seen you together, I've always seen him alone," And I was like yeah, long drive. She thought it was so sweet!!! And he felt all awkward because everyone there knows him. it was funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Alexis: I might, although I kind of like changing the second one every post to fit into something I did that day. Who knows, the cheeseburgers might stay.

    @Deanna: Aww, that's cute! Although he is very recognizable, I'm not surprised they know him if he's been there even more than once.

    ReplyDelete